Who can remember when an ESPN announcer called ASU the Wildcats during the Wisconsin game?

Or better yet, when you turned on "NCAA Football 11" and noticed punter Trevor Hankins was black or Jamal Miles portrayed as a senior in that same game?

I am tired of ASU getting no respect. Hopefully, that will change this fall. With ASU football showing promise, the pressure will fall on the team to make a statement and show that it needs to be recognized.

The team has already started the movement after the demonstrative win over its rivals, and the sleek new uniforms are set to light up the field.

On Saturday, the nation will get its first look at the Pac-12 South favorites in the team’s annual spring game. CBS Sports has ranked the school No. 22 in its pre-season poll, and after three mediocre seasons, it is time for a new era of dominance.

The offense has looked sluggish at times but is getting better, and the defense has looked fierce. What better chance is there going to be for ASU to make a move to secure a power seat in this new conference?

I agree with the school whole-heartedly.

“It’s Time.”

Reach the reporter at jjmckelv@asu.edu

×