Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 20-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on suspicion of possession of narcotics on the 700 block of North Mill Avenue in Tempe at approximately 7 p.m. April 8, according to a police report.

The man was found to be in possession of a brownish substance believed to be opium after he agreed to be searched at the Marquee Theatre, police reported.

Under Miranda, the man said he had used some of the opium earlier in the day and forgot that it was still on his person, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released, police reported.

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:
  • A 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting another 52-year-old male student at the 1000 block of East Rio Salado Parkway at approximately 5 a.m. April 11, according to a police report.

The suspect was transported to the ASU Police Department on the Tempe campus, where he was processed, cited and released, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft at the Language and Literature building on ASU’s Tempe campus between approximately 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. April 12, according to a police report.

The person or persons stole a bicycle from the bike racks on the west side of the building, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $800, according to the report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft at the Student Services Building on the Tempe campus between approximately 12:10 p.m. and 3:10 p.m. on April 12, according to a police report.

The person or persons stole a bicycle from the bike racks on the southeast corner of the building, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $600, according to the report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft at Best Hall on the Tempe campus between approximately 7:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.

The person or persons stole a bicycle from the west side of the building, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $500, according to the report.

×