After an impressive showing at the NCAA West regionals in Oregon over the weekend, the ASU track and field team is sending 13 athletes to the NCAA championships.

Redshirt senior Jasmine Chaney continued her fantastic run this season, qualifying for three different events, the 100-meter hurdles and as a part of the 4x100 meter and 4x400 meter relay teams. She already qualified in the 400-meter hurdles.

In all, the women will be sending nine athletes, while the men will send four.  Chaney, redshirt freshman Anna Jelmini and junior Kayla Sanchez will all be competing in multiple events.

Samantha Henderson, Cj Navarro, Christabel Nettey, Keia Pinnick, Asia Gooden, and Alycia Herring will also be representing the women’s team at the championships.

On the men’s side, junior Chris Benard qualified on Saturday for the triple jump, and redshirt sophomore Darius Terry qualified for the 1500 meter run. Redshirt sophomore Jordan Clarke and redshirt freshman Ryan Milus already qualified for the finals.

The NCAA championships start on June 8 in Des Moines, Iowa. The meet will be held at Drake University.

×