I have no idea what to expect.

On Thursday, with little warning, and to the surprise of even those who were screaming for his removal, Bob Bradley was fired as head coach of the U.S. men’s soccer team.

On Friday, the squad already had a new coach in Jürgen Klinsmann, who is famous as both a striker for the German national team and as the coach who lead the Deutschland to a third-place finish in the 2006 World Cup.

By Saturday, columnists across the country were furiously trying to analyze the switch.

It’s tough to gauge Klinsmann. As a player, he had an up and down career, but for the most part excelled, winning the World Cup with Germany in 1990.

As a coach, he’s only had two jobs. He led Germany for just two years before stepping down. And he was removed from his position as coach at Bayern Munich halfway through the 2008-09 season.

I’ve heard people say the U.S. team will be way better, and I’ve heard the opposite. I’ve heard a compelling argument that nothing will change.

I usually have a strong opinion about anything US soccer, but now, I’m at a loss.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

×