ASU iPhone robbers strike again

Two men ASU Police believe to be responsible for stealing iPhones out of students’ hands last week are suspected of committing another phone robbery Friday on the Tempe campus.

ASU Police Cmdr. Jim Hardina said a male student was talking on his iPhone between the ASU Bookstore and the Schwada building around 4 p.m. when two men came up behind the man, grabbed his iPhone and fled to a nearby vehicle.

The two men fit the same description from the two previous incidents on Oct. 3 and on Wednesday, which also took place near the Schwada building.

According to a news release from the University, the men were seen driving away in a black Lexus with black and red rims.

Hardina said an officer was near the bookstore during the incident, but when she had arrived to the scene she was only able to get a partial license plate: AG.

“There’s thousands of people walking around so it happens so quick that sometimes it takes the victims up to 10 minutes to contact the police,” Hardina said.

ASU Police are asking the public’s help in searching for the two to three black men described as 6 feet tall, between the ages of 18 and 22 and weighing between 160 and 200 pounds.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×