Senior Giulia Molinaro picked up where she left off.

Despite a grueling summer in which she played in multiple tournaments overseas, Molinaro was named the first ever Pac-12 Women’s Golfer of the Month Wednesday.

Molinaro had a spectacular month of September winning the Dale McNamara Invitational and placing 14th at the NCAA Fall Preview, one of the nation’s best tournaments.

Last year Molinaro made the First Team All-Conference along with then-teammate Carlota Ciganda, who is now competing professionally.

Even without Ciganda the team is poised to make a deep run after finishing second and tied for third in the aforementioned tournaments.

Next up is the Stanford Intercollegiate, another prestigious tournament, which will show where ASU ranks among the Pac-12 teams on October 14-16.

The award was little bit of a surprise as UCLA won the Fall Preview. Four competitors, including ASU’s own sophomore Justine Lee, finished ahead of Molinaro in that competition. The best justification seems to be the fact that both USC and UCLA only played one tournament in September.

Nevertheless, if Molinaro and Lee continue this play atop the nation’s elite conference, it is safe to say ASU will continue to have success.

Reach the reporter at jjmcklev@asu.edu

×