Police arrest suspects in connection with iPhone robberies

ASU Police arrested one man and two juveniles Monday night believed to be involved in a string of iPhone robberies that have occurred on the Tempe campus.

Undercover ASU Police officers outside the Schwada building detained the three suspects after they watched them approach a female student, ASU Police Cmdr. Jim Hardina said.

A previous victim of the robberies was only able to positively identify one suspect — a juvenile —who stole her iPhone last week, Hardina said.

The other two were arrested on unrelated crimes, he said, but police are still investigating the robberies to determine if the other two suspects were involved.

More suspects are believed to be involved in the robberies, which police are still looking for, according to a Tempe Police press release.

The iPhone robberies have occurred in or near the Schwada building and involve two to three men taking iPhones out of the hands of students.

In each incident, the suspects would flee on foot or jump into a getaway vehicle parked nearby. One vehicle was described as a light-colored, 4-door sedan and the other as a black Lexus with red and black rims.

Hardina said police have not been able to locate any of the getaway vehicles.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×