Police Beat: Oct. 11

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 30-year-old Mesa man was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of possession of marijuana as well as assault and disorderly conduct at the 400 block of South Mill Avenue, according to a police report.The man groped a woman’s breast in the patio area of Margarita Rocks Bar, and a bouncer of the establishment instructed the man to leave and had pushed him away from the woman, police reported.

The man punched the bouncer in the mouth and the bouncer detained the man and called the police, according to the report.

When Tempe Police arrived the woman and the bouncer gave police the same account of events, but the man said the bouncer had punched him and he “took on” the entire Margarita Rocks staff and the bouncer was just jealous of the man for hitting on the woman, police reported.

The bouncer and Margarita Rocks were willing to aid in prosecution but the woman was not, police reported. The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

Prior to transportation the man told police he had nothing illegal on him but upon his search at the jail, police found a clear plastic bag containing marijuana in the man’s right sock, police reported.

The man was held to see a judge and released pending the drug charge, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Mesa man was arrested Thursday morning at University and Myrtle drives on suspicion of possession of marijuana, according to a police report.A Tempe Police officer stopped the man’s Honda Accord as an enforcement stop, police reported. When the officer approached the vehicle, the officer could smell an odor of marijuana coming from inside the Accord, according to the report.

When the officer began to question the man, he admitted to be in possession of a little more than a gram of marijuana and it was in an orange vial within his glove box, police reported.

The man said he also had an Arizona Department of Health Services medical marijuana certification containing a doctor’s signature, which he was able to provide, but the man did not have a valid medical marijuana card from the department, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail for booking but was released pending the drug charge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×