Police Beat: Oct. 25

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 41-year-old Tempe man was arrested Saturday at the 1000 block of West 17th Place on suspicion of dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.Police were contacted when the man passed out after he and his friend smoked synthetic cannabis, also known as Spice, in the man’s backyard, police reported.

When police arrived, the man had made it inside the house and was holding onto the kitchen sink, but was unresponsive, according to the report.

When the man began to speak, he told police he didn’t know what month it was or even where he was, police reported. Police asked the man if they could search inside the house, and he said OK, according to the report.

Police found two plastic baggies containing Spice and found a bong in the backyard, which the man admitted to using with his friend, according to the report.

The man was taken to St. Luke’s hospital in Tempe for a medical examination and was arrested afterward for drug charges, police reported.

Police transported and booked the man into Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

• A 25-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Saturday at the Arizona State fairgrounds on suspicion of theft of means of transportation and felony flight, according to a police report.Tempe Police searched the area of South Mill Avenue and Fourth Street after a tan Chevy Tahoe with a Texas license plate was reported stolen, police reported.

An officer on his bicycle checked the parking lot at the 700 block of South Mill Avenue and saw the alleged stolen vehicle drive up the DiVerti Bar and Grill parking ramp and parked in the lot next to Jack in the Box on the same block, according to the report.

The officer was facing the vehicle from approximately 15 feet away when he observed about four to five males inside the vehicle, according to the report. The driver then saw the officer and drove out of the parking lot, police reported.

Police tailed the vehicle to central Phoenix, according to the report.

A Phoenix helicopter assisted Tempe Police by following the vehicle from the air when the driver accelerated and fled from police at a high speed, police reported.

The helicopter continued to follow the stolen vehicle into Phoenix where the driver entered the north parking lot of the Arizona State Fair, according to the report.

After the driver exited the vehicle police arrested the man and took him into custody, police reported.

The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge, according to the report.

×