Police Beat: Oct. 28

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

• A 36-year-old transient woman was arrested Tuesday after she was observed driving a 2006 Kia Sorento bearing a fictitious license plate in the area of 28th Street and Earll Drive, police reported.

The woman was also observed removing the valid license plate and replacing it with a fictitious license plate on the Kia, according to a police report.

After being pulled over, the woman provided her driver’s license that was suspended, police reported.

The woman was also wanted on two felony warrants, police reported.

The woman was arrested on suspicion of evading her felony warrants and on suspicion of criminal traffic charges, according to the police report.

Upon her arrest, the woman’s property was removed from the vehicle and a search of her backpack revealed a used syringe with a clear substance in it, police reported.

After being transported to the Tempe City Jail another search revealed that the woman was in possession of a usable amount of a white crystalline substance that tested positive for methamphetamine, police reported.

An inventory search of the woman’s property removed from the car upon arrest revealed that she was also in possession of two confirmed forged checks that bore her name as the payer and maker, according to the police report.

The account holder of the checks was contacted and didn’t know the woman nor was the woman given permission to be in possession of the account holder’s identification information, police reported.

A third check found in the woman’s possession is still being investigated and contact with the account holder is pending, according to the police report.

×