Professor encounters voyeur in ASU restroom

University Police are warning female students and faculty of a possible voyeur on the Tempe campus after a professor caught a glimpse of man photographing her in the restroom Tuesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the 34-year-old professor was in a restroom stall in the Interdisciplinary B building when she heard someone enter the restroom but did not hear any of the stall doors close.

She heard the sound of a camera shutter as she looked up and saw a Caucasian or Hispanic male with an electronic device pointing at her, Police Cmdr. Jim Hardina said.

The professor told police the man ran out of the bathroom immediately after being seen, according to the report.

She was not able to provide an ample description of the man other than he was wearing a bright green shirt or backpack. Hardina said no one else around the building saw a man with that description or saw anyone going in and out of the restroom.

Fliers warning students and faculty around campus have been passed out and, Hardina said, undercover police and increase security have been placed around the area of the incident.

“We haven’t had any other incident like this,” Hardina said. “This is the only one we’ve had.”

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press newsletter.

×