Business school to expand to Chandler

The W.P. Carey Evening MBA program will expand to a research park in Chandler.

W. P. Carey

The W.P. Carey School of Business

The W.P. Carey School of Business plans to expand to Chandler to reach more professionals seeking degrees.

Business school Executive Dean Amy Hillman said the new facility, which will open in fall 2013 at the earliest, will host the W.P. Carey Evening MBA program.

“Chandler is a great location because it is so close to where a large population lives and works,” Hillman said in an email.

The new location at Chandler 101, an office park to be developed by the Rockefeller Group Development Corporation, will join the existing evening programs at the Tempe campus, the ASU Research Park in Tempe and the W.P. Carey School of Business, North Scottsdale MBA, Hillman said.

MBA programs Associate Dean Stacey Whitecotton said in an email the Chandler location will be useful because of its proximity to high-growth population areas and local employers.

Whitecotton said the ease of access to the facility was also important. The chosen spot is in Chandler’s Price Corridor at the intersection of the Loop 101 and Loop 202.

“The Chandler location will provide even more convenient access for professionals who live or work in the southern part of the Valley and want to earn an MBA from a highly ranked business school,” Whitecotton said.

The evening MBA program is geared toward professionals who want to earn a degree while working.

While full-time MBA students attend class five days a week, students in the evening MBA program attend core classes two nights each week and electives on Saturday.

City of Chandler Economic Development Director Christine Mackay said Chandler is pleased with the new program location.

“Chandler has a strong commitment to having a well-educated workforce,” Mackay said.

She added the program and the surrounding research park would help bring businesses to the city.

Construction on Chandler 101 is expected to finish 18 months after the first corporate business confirms a lease.

Reach the reporter at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×