JUSTICE IS NEEDED

(In response to the Nov. 14 editorial, “The right first step.”)

I wholeheartedly agree with what was written in the editorial. PSU students had every right to get upset over Joe Paterno’s firing, but their rioting took things too far.

As a fellow student, it was discouraging to see the images of them flipping over cars and causing the mayhem that they did.

What I did like was that they raised awareness of sexual abuse with their “Blue Out.”  Sex Abuse (especially to a minor) is a serious issue that should never be under the veil of silence.

Jay Paterno getting emotional for his father not being there is justifiable — you want your loved ones to be a part of the things you love to do; however, that is where I draw the line.

I believe Joe Paterno did not do enough. As much as Jerry Sandusky meant to the program, what Sandusky did was criminal and he should go to jail for what he did.

It is shameful that Paterno, Mike McQueary and other people involved with the program did not more in order to prevent the children from being sexually abused. The police should have been notified back when Paterno first heard about what Sandusky did.

We as a society have a moral obligation to bring justice to the families of the victims. Criminals like Jerry Sandusky cannot go unpunished.

George Laura

Undergraduate

×