Letters: Nov. 30

CREATE MORE EMPLOYMENT

(In response to Dan Oberhaus’ Nov. 21 article, “Poll: Arizonans favor reformed pathways to citizenship for immigrants.”)

Has everyone seen or heard about the typical American worker? They are lining up for jobs that are now open after the raids from ICE, leaving wide gaps in staff needs throughout the country.

It is obvious to the most prudent of people that if illegal migrants and immigrants fearful of ICE arresting them are fleeing custody. Then business owners really have no choice but to advertise in the local press, or just hang out a hiring sign for legitimate labor.

Finally Homeland Security, with the ICE division, is sweeping down on criminal companies, who think they are exempt from immigration enforcement. The manifest lightening ICE raids began with the Postville, meatpacking plant in Iowa, when 390 undocumented immigrants were arrested and taken into detention.

Soon after the lines grew in volume as Americans turned up for a job opportunity. These are not isolated incidents as other companies have been caught red handed, by the sudden appearance of ICE agents thus creating more employment.

Dave Francis

Statepress.com reader

×