Police Beat: Nov. 23

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 38-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sunday at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

The man was transported to the hospital by ambulance for a foot injury, police reported.

While lying on a gurney, the man said, “Here, take this” and tossed a cup of urine at an emergency medical technician, soaking his pants, according to the report.

The man’s injury was treated and he was arrested upon his release from the hospital, police reported.

Police transported him to Tempe City Jail for booking where he was held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 37-year-old Tempe man was arrested Monday at University and Priest Drives on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and failure to appear in court, according to a police report.

The man was riding a bike with no light, police reported. When an officer stopped him, he discovered the man had missed a previous court date, according to the report.

During a search prior to arresting the man, the officer found a small yellow baggie with a white crystalline substance in the man’s pocket, police reported.

The man admitted he was an addict and the substance was methamphetamine, according to the report.

Police later found two more baggies of methamphetamine on the ground, according to the report.

The man admitted to throwing the baggies on the ground when he saw the officer, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

• A 56-year-old Apache Junction man was arrested Sunday at Wesleyan Drive and Rita Lane on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and dangerous drugs and transportation theft, according to a police report.

Two officers went to a house to question someone regarding an unrelated assault case, according to the report. While they were there, a witness reported a man asleep in a blue car in his driveway, police reported.

Police confirmed the car was stolen from Mesa, according to the report. The man admitted he borrowed the car from his roommate and failed to return it, police reported.

He said he knew it was possible his roommate would report the car stolen, according to the report.

While talking to the man, officers noticed a bag in his hands containing a white substance, police reported. A flash test confirmed that it was methamphetamine, according to the report.

The man admitted he had been using methamphetamine for two years and there was a glass pipe he used to smoke the methamphetamine in the trunk, police reported.

Police searched the trunk and found the pipe, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway.

Reach the reporter at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×