Police Beat: Nov. 29

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Monday:

• A 24-year-old Maricopa man was arrested on Nov. 22 at the 1100 block of West Baseline Road on suspicion of disorderly conduct with a firearm and reckless display of a firearm, according to a police report.The man was in the parking lot of his girlfriend’s apartment complex when he fired two bullets from a friend’s black semi-automatic .40-caliber handgun, police reported.

The man then pointed the handgun at his girlfriend and her 14-year-old sister yelling jokingly for them to put their hands up, according to the report.

The sister told her parents what had happened after the incident and they notified Tempe Police, police reported.

When police officers arrived and questioned the man, he told them he didn’t have the handgun on him anymore but did admit to firing the gun earlier in the evening, according to the report.

The man was arrested and booked into Tempe City Jail and then later transported to Maricopa County Jail, police reported.

• A 38-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Nov. 22 at South Mill Avenue and East Baseline Road on suspicion of marijuana possession and urinating in public, according to a police report.A Tempe Police officer was on patrol near an apartment complex on East Ellis Drive and Mill Avenue when he saw a yellow pickup truck parked in the alley and the man facing the alley wall with both of his hands in front him, police reported.

When the man noticed the officer’s cop car, he got into the truck as it drove away, and the officer then saw a wet spot on the alley wall, according to the report.

The officer eventually stopped the truck and when he approached the vehicle he smelled a slight odor of marijuana, police reported.

During questioning, the man and the driver, who was his girlfriend, became irate for being stopped and the man admitted to urinating on the wall, according to the report.

A search revealed a baggie of marijuana in the man’s pants pocket and the man admitted it was his, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and was released pending a drug charge and a misdemeanor charge, according to the report.

×