Police Beat: Nov. 30

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 29-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Sunday at the Desert Palm Village apartments on suspicion of cocaine and drug paraphernalia possession and domestic violence assault, according to a police report.

Tempe Police responded to a report of a verbal argument and was told by the woman’s boyfriend she slapped his face three times, police reported.

When questioned, the woman admitted she slapped her boyfriend because she was upset with him, according to the report.

The woman was observed attempting to hide a small metal tin among some rocks, police reported.

When the officer attempted to pick up the tin, the woman said it contained cocaine, according to the report.

The two vials of a white powdery substance inside the tin flash tested positive for cocaine, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge for assault and was released pending the drug charge, according to the report.

After being read her Miranda rights, the woman asked to speak with the arresting officer, police reported.

She claimed ownership of the cocaine and said she purchased it for $20, according to the report.

The woman said she had been snorting cocaine for the last three weeks, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dan Oberhaus. Reach the reporter at doberhau@asu.edu

×