Police Beat: Nov. 8

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 22-year-old transient woman was arrested Thursday at the 1800 block of North Scottsdale Road on suspicion of residential trespassing, assault and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.Tempe Police responded to a theft and assault case after the woman assaulted two persons, took their personal belongings and then fled to a nearby apartment complex, police reported. Both persons sustained visible injuries from the assault, but only one wished to aid in prosecution of the woman, according to the report.When the woman fled to the nearby apartment complex, she forced her way inside an apartment after the resident opened the door to her, thinking it was a friend, police reported.

Before leaving the apartment, the woman left three bags, which police later discovered contained several syringes, according to the report.

Police later found the woman in the area and upon questioning the woman, she lied about her identity multiple times, police reported.

During a search of her person officers found a syringe in her underwear, police reported.

The woman told police she hadn’t used heroin in two weeks and was taking medication for her addiction and her ADHD, according to the report.

The woman was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 43-year-old Peoria woman was arrested Friday at McClintock Drive and Center Lane on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.Tempe Police, after witnessing the woman fail to drive in a single lane and make an improper right turn, pulled the woman over and detected alcohol on the woman’s breath, police reported.During questioning, the woman slurred her speech and admitted to drinking alcohol before driving, according to a report.

After the woman consented to field sobriety and breath tests, police discovered her driver’s license had been previously suspended, police reported.

The woman was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×