Police Beat: Nov. 9

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 25-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Monday at the Arbor Apartments on University Drive for suspicion of criminal damage after throwing a stone through someone’s window, according to a police report.

The woman was also arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the report.

The woman was positively identified as the person who threw a small landscaping stone through a window at the Arbor Apartments, police reported.

The woman’s actions caused the glass window to shatter and the woman then fled the scene walking west on University Drive until being contacted by Tempe Police shortly after, police reported.

The resident of the apartment whose window was shattered stated he had no relationship with the woman and desired prosecution, according to a police report.

A search of the woman’s purse revealed a useable amount of a green leafy substance identified by officers as marijuana and two 3-inch glass, cylindrical-shaped smoking devices typically used for ingesting crack cocaine, police reported.

The glass smoking devices were filled with a metal wire mesh at one end and black residue on the opposite end, according to a police report.

The woman was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana and was held to see a judge for criminal damage, police reported.

A 25-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Sunday morning at Graham Central Station at Priest Drive in Tempe on suspicion of criminal damage and assault, police reported.

The man was seen pushing over an orange 2007 Harley-Davidson motorcycle in the North parking lot of Graham Central Station, according to a police report.

The motorcycle hit the vehicle parked next to it — a black 2011 Ford Edge — causing several scratches on the body and severe damage to the motorcycle, according to police.

The damage to the Ford is estimated at $200 and the damage to the motorcycle is estimated at $3,000, according to a police report.

The man then attempted to re-enter Graham Central Station but was refused entry because of his high level of intoxication, police reported.

The man then tried to punch a Graham Central Station security guard but he ducked and was able to detain the man with the assistance of other security guards, according to a police report.

The security guard stated that if he had not ducked out of the way he would have been punched in the face by the man’s right fist, police reported.

Under Miranda, the man stated he saw the motorcycle on the ground but did not push it over, and he did not try to punch the security guard, according to a police report.

The man had no recollection of either incident and was transported to the Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Dan Oberhaus. Reach the reporter at doberhau@asu.edu

×