In less than a week, the most famous rivalry game in the world will take place in Madrid.

It’s guaranteed to happen at least twice a year, and in April, the two teams played four times in a 15-day span. It has it’s own nickname: El Clásico.

So when Barcelona and Real Madrid take the field at the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday, millions of people around the world will be glued to the screen.

And it could be one of the greatest games ever. Barça is the reigning Champions League title-holder, and yet they’re still trailing Real Madrid in league points. The teams are currently the No. 2 and No. 3 teams in the world in terms of payroll. The Yankees are the only sports team in the whole world that pays its players more.

Barcelona and Madrid are arguably the two best teams in the world right now.

So if you can, make a point of watching it. There’s no college football, no NFL, no NBA and a limited amount of hockey.

Take some time to watch Lionel Messi, Iker Casillas, Xavi Hernandez and Cristiano Ronaldo light up the field like no one else can.

Reporters around the world are already calling it the game of the century. Don’t miss it.

Reach the columnist egrasser@asu.edu

×