Police Beat: Dec. 6

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Wednesday at the 2000 block of East Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

A woman called Tempe Police because she stabbed her boyfriend, police reported.   The boyfriend was unconscious when police arrived, and the woman attributed his state to a heroin overdose, according to the report.

Medical personnel tended to the unconscious man and police took the woman upstairs for questioning, according to the report.

The police then noticed a tray with jars containing marijuana and mushrooms on top of the coffee table, police reported.

A grinder and Zig Zag rolling papers were also on the tray next to the jars, according to the report. The woman said they did not belong to her or her boyfriend, police reported.

When the man came home, he admitted ownership of the drugs and the paraphernalia on the coffee table, police reported.

The man also told police there were multiple pipes and bongs in the upstairs kitchen cabinet, according to the report.

The man was arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 62-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday at the 2000 block of West Eighth Street on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and an outstanding Tempe City warrant, according to a police report.

Mesa Police turned the man over to Tempe Police after learning of his outstanding warrant, police reported.

After the man was transported to Tempe City Jail, police conducted a search of the man and found a small clear and green plastic bag containing methamphetamines in his wallet, according to the report.

The man told police he had purchased the methamphetamine for $10 from a man in Mesa but he was buying it for his neighbor, police reported.

The man said he only tried the drug about a year and a half ago, police reported.

The man later admitted the story was a fabrication and that he purchased the drug for himself but he was just too scared to tell police, according to the report.

The man was booked and released from Tempe City Jail, police reported.

×