Police Beat: Jan. 10

A 21-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Friday morning at the 200 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The woman and two friends were allegedly smoking marijuana in the woman’s vehicle with driver’s window open. A Tempe Police officer rode by on a bike and smelled the odor of the drug, police reported. The woman and friends stepped out of the vehicle as instructed by the officer, police reported. The woman admitted to using a “one-hitter” for smoking a portion of the 6 grams of marijuana in her purse, which she bought about an hour before for $100, according to the report.

The officer searched through the woman’s purse and vehicle and found the marijuana in a large baggie as well as a grinder and more marijuana on the floor of the back seat, police reported. The woman was arrested and booked into Tempe City Jail and was released pending the drug charges, according to the report.

A 41-year-old Chandler woman was arrested Saturday night at East McKellips Street and North McClintock Drive on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

After Salt River Police located and arrested the woman, a background check revealed a City of Tempe arrest warrant for an earlier traffic offense, police reported.

After the woman was turned over to Tempe Police and was transported to Tempe City Jail, a female detention officer searched the woman and found a plastic bag in her bra containing methamphetamines, according to the report.

The woman admitted the methamphetamines belonged to her, police reported. The woman was booked and released pending drug charges.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×