Police Beat: Jan. 26

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 19-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sunday at an apartment complex on the 200 block of West Hermosa Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report. A security guard for the apartment complex spoke with the man after finding him suspiciously wandering around, police reported.After the security guard asked the man to empty his pockets, the man said he had marijuana, police reported.

The man pulled the marijuana from his pocket and handed it to the security guard, according to the report.

The man was detained and the security guard notified Tempe Police, police reported.

The man told police he purchased the half-ounce of marijuana for $40, according to the report.

The man also said that amount typically lasts him about three weeks, police reported.

The man was arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and was released pending drug charges.

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday at an apartment complex on the 900 block of South Terrace Road on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.A Tempe Police officer passed the man’s apartment door and smelled marijuana, police reported.After the officer knocked on the door and the man answered, the officer informed the 24-year-old that he smelled burnt marijuana and told him to surrender the rest it, according to the report.

The man willingly handed over his marijuana in a small plastic bag to the officer, according to the report.

The officer arrested and transported the man to Tempe City Jail for booking and was released pending drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×