Police Beat: Jan. 30

Tempe Police reported the following incident on Friday:

• A 27-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Wednesday in an alley near East Southern Avenue and South Los Feliz Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession and an outstanding warrant, according to a police report. After a Tempe Police officer approached the man loitering in the alley, he ran a warrants check, which revealed an East Phoenix Justice Court arrest warrant, police reported. The officer found a marijuana joint in the man’s wallet during a search following the man’s arrest, according to the report. The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge, police reported.

ASU Police reported the following incident on Friday:

• An unidentified man harassed a female Parking Services employee on Jan. 23 at the 4000 block of West University Way, according to a police report. The woman told police while she was on patrol of the Lot 10 parking lot on the West campus she heard a man say, “Go get a real f---ing job,” police reported. As the woman turned around, she saw the front passenger in a vehicle throw a Slurpee at her, which drenched the front of her uniform, according to the report. The woman could only describe the man’s vehicle as dark with four doors, police reported. The woman described the man as tan with short spiked hair, brown eyes, clean-shaven and with no discernable features such as tattoos or piercings, according to the report.The woman also told police a group of soccer players, who regularly park in Lot 10, have received many warnings and parking violations. She said they often yell obscenities at her after being given a parking ticket, according to the report.

The woman does not wish to press charges if the man is caught, but is willing to identify the man to police if necessary, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.

×