Police Beat: Jan. 31

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 56-year-old transient man was arrested Friday night for an outstanding warrant, and on suspicion of drug paraphernalia and dangerous drug possession near South Starley Drive and West Seventh Street, according to a police report.

Tempe Police originally stopped the man for riding his bike on the wrong side of the road and without a bike light, but a background check revealed an outstanding arrest warrant, police reported.Police placed the man under arrest, according to the report.Police searched him and found methamphetamines and a pipe in the man’s right front pocket, according to the report.The man was arrested and during questioning he said he purchased the pipe earlier to smoke his methamphetamines, police reported.

The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, he was released pending the drug charge and held to see a judge for his warrant, according to the report.

• A 19-year-old Tempe woman and an 18-year-old Phoenix woman were arrested Thursday at the 400 block of East Veterans Way on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

A Tempe Police officer saw the two women at the top of the Stadium Parking Structure on the Tempe campus smoking out of a pipe, police reported. The officer noticed a clear plastic baggie containing marijuana lying between the two women, according to the report.

The women did not respond when the officer asked why they were “hanging out” in a parking garage, police reported. The officer arrested the women and transported them to Tempe City Jail for booking. They were released pending drug charges.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×