Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 59-year-old transient man was arrested Monday at the 1000 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of being a sex offender without identification, according to a police report.

Employees at the Alternative Print and Copy shop reported a man sleeping outside the store, according to the report.

Police found the man in a sleeping bag and asked him for identification, police reported.

The man said his California state ID was previously taken by a California police officer three months ago and his Arizona state ID was lost or stolen, according to the report.

A call to the Tempe dispatch revealed the man to be a registered sex offender, police reported.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 26-year-old woman was arrested Monday at South Rural and East Broadway roads on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The woman was a passenger in a vehicle pulled over during a routine traffic stop, according to the report.

The officer detected an odor of marijuana in the car and asked both occupants to step out, police reported.

The officer asked the woman to empty her pockets, according to the report.

Her pants pockets were empty, but when emptying her coat pockets she tried to hide a small bag of methamphetamine in her right hand, police reported.

During a pre-arrest search after she revealed the methamphetamine, the officer found another bag of methamphetamine, a bag of marijuana and a pipe used for smoking methamphetamine hidden in the woman’s bra, according to the report.

The woman said she did not have a medical marijuana card and had been smoking methamphetamine since she was 12 years old, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway.

Reach the reporter at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×