Police Beat: Jan. 5

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 28-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on Dec. 29 at South 12th Street and East Southern Avenue on suspicion of theft and trafficking stolen property, according to a police report.

The man is accused of taking a laptop computer from an empty classroom at Collins College on Aug. 10, police reported.

Collins College staff was able to identify the man from security footage in the hallway when they notified Tempe Police, according to the report.

On Aug. 11, the man advised his girlfriend to sell the laptop at a pawn shop and after doing so, she gave the money to the man, not knowing the laptop was stolen, police reported.

The man later admitted to his girlfriend the laptop was stolen, but threatened to beat her up if she told the authorities, according to the report.

The woman made an anonymous phone call to Collins College on Oct. 5 to confirm that her boyfriend actually stole the computer, police reported.

Tempe Police were able to arrest the man, which he denied any involvement, according to the report.

A 26-year-old Gilbert woman was arrested at the 1700 block of South Priest Drive on suspicion of possession of narcotic drugs, dangerous drug, drug paraphernalia, marijuana and prescription only drugs on Dec. 28, according to a police report.

During a consensual conversation with Tempe Police near the woman’s motel room at the Motel 6, the woman admitted to possessing marijuana and a pipe, police reported.

The woman then allowed officers to search through her motel room, which they found the pipe and marijuana as well as numerous pills such as morphine, amitriptyline hydrochloride and tramadol, according to the police report.

The woman told police she had intended to sell the pills after she found them in the pocket of a coat she had borrowed from a friend, police reported.

Police also found a small bag containing methamphetamines and numerous unused bags at her feet while she was sitting down on the curb outside of her motel room, according to the report.

The woman was arrested, booked and released pending drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×