Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 20-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Tuesday morning near the intersection of Rural Road and Spence Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

A police officer was conducting a security check at an ASU dorm parking lot when he noticed two people sleeping in a parked car, according to the report.

The officer looked around the car and saw a dark-colored glass piece used for smoking marijuana on the backseat, police reported.

The officer also saw a glass bong in the door pocket of the passenger side door, according to the report.

The officer knocked on the driver’s side window and woke up both occupants, police reported.The officer noticed the odor of marijuana coming from the car when the 20-year-old woman rolled down her window, according to the report.

The woman said she smoked marijuana earlier in the night, police reported.

Police asked if there was any marijuana in the car and the woman handed over a small plastic bag of marijuana from the car’s center console, according to the report.

Police also found two grinders, a glass bong and a rubber pipe used for smoking marijuana, police reported.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and was released pending the charges, according to the report.

• A 45-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Tuesday morning at the 1000 block of Apache Boulevard on suspicion of drug paraphernalia possession and strong-arm robbery, according to a police report.

The woman was riding the light rail when she asked a man with a box of pizza for some pizza, according to the report.

The man said he would sell her the box and both individuals exited the light rail at Dorsey Lane and Apache Boulevard, police reported.

The woman then pushed the man in the chest, grabbed the pizza box and ran across Apache Boulevard to the Days Inn Motel, according to the report.

The man said he was afraid for his life, police reported.Police found the woman eating a piece of pizza, according to the report.

The woman said she asked the man to trade her the pizza for a beer, police reported.

She said the man declined her offer so she grabbed the pizza and took off on foot, according to the report.

Police searched the woman and found a clear glass pipe used to smoke illegal drugs in the woman's front right pants pocket, police reported.

The woman said she found the pipe on the light rail and it did not belong to her, police reported.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and was held, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Danielle Grobmeier. Reach the reporter at dgrobmei@asu.edu

×