Police Beat: Feb. 27

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

•  A 44-year-old transient woman was arrested Wednesday at the 2000 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of having an outstanding warrant from another jurisdiction and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Tempe Police patrolling the area saw the woman and stopped her when it appeared that she might be entering a vacant building, police reported.

A background check showed a history of violent tendencies and an outstanding warrant for her arrest, according to the report.

During a search, the woman said there was marijuana in her left boot, police reported.

The woman told police it was “pot” and that she was rolling a joint when police pulled up to her, according to the report.

The woman was arrested, transported to Tempe City Jail, held to see a judge and released, police reported.

• A 20-year-old Mesa woman was arrested on suspicion of drug paraphernalia and dangerous drug possession on Wednesday morning in the area of South Mill Avenue and East Carter Drive, according to a police report.

The woman was a passenger in a vehicle stopped by Tempe Police after its driver crossed double yellow lines while turning from South Priest Drive to West Broadway Road, police reported.

Officers searched the woman and the vehicle and found a methamphetamine pipe and a plastic baggie that contained methamphetamines in her purse, according to the report.

The woman said the drug and pipe belonged to her and that she smoked the methamphetamine three hours before being pulled over, police reported.

The woman was arrested, booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

• A 39-year-old Mesa woman was arrested in the area of East Don Carlos Avenue and South McClintock Drive on suspicion of dangerous drug, prescription-only drug and drug paraphernalia possession on Wednesday, according to a police report.

Tempe Police stopped the woman for making a wide turn and when she handed the officer her identification card from her purse, the officer saw an unmarked brown pill bottle, police reported.

The woman said someone gave her anti-depression medication, which police later confirmed to be prescription-only Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, according to the report.

After officers arrested the woman, they found a suitcase with multiple glass pipes and small sealed bags with white residue, police reported.

The officers also found more prescription pills in the suitcase, including a single pill of Carisoprodol and a sample bottle of Cymbolta, according to the report.

Police also found a bottle of prescription Cyclobenzaprine pills, an anti-depressant, inside the woman’s purse, police reported.

The woman said she knew the pills had to be prescribed to her by a doctor and also said she was hoping the anti-depressants, which her friend gave her earlier in the night, would help her, according to the report.

The woman said the pipe in the suitcase did not belong to her, police reported.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail for booking, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×