Police Beat: Feb. 3

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 21-year-old man was arrested Tuesday at 1020 E. Apache Blvd. on suspicion of marijuana and ecstasy possession, according to a police report. Police received a call from El Paisano Market and Laila Check Cashing on East Lemon Street, in which the caller described three men fighting in front of the market, according to the report. When police arrived, one of the men was leaving the parking lot, according to the report. Police found marijuana, a digital scale and a plastic bag containing 13 ecstasy pills in the man’s car, police reported.Police towed the car and booked the man into Tempe City Jail, according to the report.
  • A 39-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday at 48th Street and Broadway Road on suspicion of two counts of aggravated driving under the influence, according to a police report. The man said he had been fighting with a person that night, police reported.A witness overheard the man threaten to shoot someone at the shopping center at 2700 W. Baseline Road, according to the report. The man left the shopping center in a gold minivan, and two police officers followed him in unmarked cars, police reported.The man drove on 48th Street toward Broadway Road until several police officers stopped the minivan, police reported.When police stopped the van, they found the man’s two children inside the car, police reported.

The children were not harmed, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Michelle Peirano.

Reach the reporter at Michelle.Peirano@asu.edu

×