Police Beat: Feb. 7

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

•  A 30-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Saturday morning at the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of assault and second degree trespassing, according to a police report.The woman and her friend attempted to enter Fat Tuesday, a bar on Mill Avenue, after it had closed for the evening, police reported.

Bouncers did not let them into the bar and told them to leave multiple times, police reported.

The women refused to leave, and the woman’s friend punched the bouncer in the face, according to the report.

The bouncer detained the friend, and when Tempe Police arrived, the 30-year-old woman tried to push away the officers arresting her friend, police reported.

Another bouncer kept the woman away, but she scratched the bouncer in the face, according to the report.

Police and the bouncers detained and arrested the women when a background check revealed the 30-year-old woman had an outstanding Gila County arrest warrant, police reported.

The women were transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and held to see a judge, according to a report.

• A 36-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday at the 1000 block of South Stanley Place on suspicion of narcotic, drug paraphernalia, marijuana and forged identification card possession, according to a police report.Tempe Police arrived at the man’s apartment in response to the smell of marijuana coming from inside, police reported.

When the man opened the door and allowed police inside, officers noticed a pipe, marijuana and a straw containing a white powdery substance sitting in plain sight, according to the report.

The man and his roommates allowed the officers to search the rest of the apartment, police reported.

Police found cocaine, more marijuana and more drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police also found a fake Arizona driver’s license that displayed the man’s photo, but not his proper information and did not have the markings of an authentic license, according to the report.

The man said all the drugs, paraphernalia and fake identification card belonged to him, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and was later released.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×