Piece of Craft: Etsy Shop Profile: Old Red Barn

A one-of-a-kind record clock. Photo from Old Red Barn.

I’m a sucker for recycled crafts. I’m really not sure why, but I think it’s just because I like the idea of taking something old, used or discarded, and using it to create something new and modern. This is exactly the approach the Etsy shop Old Red Barn takes with crafting.  Old Red Barn takes items that others may consider to be junk and creates something that the artist considers “whimsical and fun.” I have to agree.

From birdhouses made out of license plates to picture frames made from old keyboard keys, Old Red Barn does not fail to impress. I think the designs of this shop are truly innovative and one-of-a-kind designs that would be perfect for any home.  Not to mention they are also very affordable, with some of the most expensive items around $35.

Some of my favorite designs from Old Red Barn are the clocks made from old records or old lunch boxes.  The shop also has clocks made from items that you wouldn’t expect at all, such as one made from the board game Operation or a Twister spinner.  I also think the crosses made from railroad spikes are a really cool idea for anyone looking for a cool, new piece of wall art.  Other cool items include license plate belt buckles, picture frames and birdhouses.

If you’re interested in finding some one-of-a-kind wall art for your home, whether it be a picture frame or clock, or perhaps a new accessory in the form of a belt buckle, this is a really cool Etsy store to look into.  I also have wanted to find a way to work with materials such as license plates to make new and innovative items, and I think Old Red Barn really hits this one out of the park.

If you have any questions or comments e-mail me at fbreisbl@asu.edu and check out Old Red Barn!

×