Police Beat: March 15

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 25-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Tuesday morning at the 600 block of East McKellips Road on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

Tempe Police were dispatched to the woman’s apartment because of a fight between the woman and her roommate, police reported.

The woman said the two began arguing after she found drug paraphernalia in the roommate’s room, according to the report.

The woman also told police the roommate pushed her against the wall, pulled her hair and threw numerous punches as well as objects at her, police reported.

However, the roommate told police the argument started because of a hair tie as the woman jumped on top of her and began to choke her with both hands, according to the report.

Both women sustained various bruises and scars on their necks, faces and chests, police reported.

The roommate’s neck was visibly red with a large red mark in the center and the woman had a swollen left eye, according to the report.

The woman told police she drank two Jägerbombs and three gin and tonics earlier in the evening, police reported.

She was arrested, transported, booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Friday at the 100 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Neighbors at the apartment complex heard items breaking in the woman’s apartment and saw an object break through her window, police reported.

Tempe Police were called as the neighbors were unable to enter the woman’s locked apartment, and she was unresponsive, according to the report.

Police began searching the apartment and found a grinder with marijuana inside and a glass pipe with marijuana residue in the living room, police reported.

The woman was found sleeping in her bed, and when police woke her up she was startled.

She said she didn’t know anything about the broken window, according to the report.

The woman also said the marijuana and the items belonged to her roommate, but she had moved the pipe, police reported.

The woman was arrested, transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×