Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 46-year-old Mesa man was arrested early Monday morning at Concorda Drive and Price Road on suspicion of misconduct with weapons, according to a police report.The officer was on patrol and noticed a 1996 Nissan Maxima parked at a stop sign, according to the report.

Police reported that the officer ran a check on the license plate and pulled the vehicle over, and the vehicle’s owner had a suspended license.

The police officer identified the driver as the owner of the vehicle, police reported.

The driver said he knew his driver’s license was suspended because of a lapse on his insurance payments, police reported.

The man was asked three separate times if he had guns or knives on his person or in the vehicle and he told the officer “no” all three times, according to the report.

He then told the officer he had one knife on his right hip, police reported.

The officer detained the man and removed the knife on the man’s hip and conducted a frisk check for any other weapons, according to the report.

There were four other pocket knives in the man’s front pockets, police reported.

The officer found a shotgun in the vehicle’s trunk without a stock, according to the report.

He said he had no idea the shotgun was in the trunk because he was a prohibited possessor and couldn’t own one, according to the report.

The man said he lent the vehicle to a friend who had died five days prior to the arrest, police reported.

The man was arrested, transported and booked at the Tempe City Jail.

• A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct, according to a police report.The man got into a large physical fight disrupting customers at Zuma Grill, causing a large crowd to leave the bar, police reported.

The man was placed in handcuffs, according to the report.

Police searched the man and found a baggie with containing a green leafy substance, police reported.

The man was arrested, transported, booked and released pending drug charges at Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

Reports complied by Thania A. Betancourt. Reach the reporter at thaniab@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×