Police Beat: March 26

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 21-year-old transient man was arrested Tuesday at a parking garage at the 1100 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of third-degree trespassing and dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

Tempe Police tried to get the man to leave the parking garage on March 19 and Feb. 1, according to the report.

Tempe Police arrested the man Tuesday and searched him, finding synthetic cannabis in his pants pocket, according to the report.

The man told police he was holding it for a friend, according to the report.

The man began yelling to prevent police from asking questions, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail for booking and released, according to the report.

• A 25-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on March 17 at the 1000 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Tempe Police initially talked to the man when he was standing outside of an apartment complex, police reported.

Police found methamphetamine and a straw to ingest the drug in the man’s possession, according to the report.

The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending drug charges, police reported.

• A 21-year-old Mesa man was arrested on March 18 at the 500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of trespassing and marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The man fought with another man inside Suite 301, and the club’s bouncers separated the two, police reported.

The bouncers detained the man and told him to leave the property, but he refused, according to the report.

Tempe Police were called because the bouncers said the man was disturbing business operations, police reported.

Police placed the man under arrest and searched him, according to the report.

Police found marijuana in his pant pockets and a glass pipe with burnt marijuana residue, police reported.

The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×