Police Beat: March 28

Tempe Police reported the following incidents March 28:

• A 23-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Monday on the 3800 block of South Siesta Lane on suspicion of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and narcotic drug possession, according to a police report.Tempe Police were called to the woman’s home in reference to a domestic dispute between the woman and her boyfriend, police reported.

When police spoke with the woman, she seemed very nervous and held her purse close to her body, according to the report.

Police asked the woman what was in the purse and after pausing, she told police there was marijuana in the purse, police reported.

The woman gave police the marijuana and told police she did not have a medical marijuana card, according to the report.

Police arrested her and searched the purse, police reported.

Police found multiple pipes, an oxycodone pill and pieces of foil with heroin residue inside the purse, according to the report.

The woman said she smokes marijuana and heroin every other day and all the items belonged to her, according to the report.

The woman was transported for booking into Tempe City Jail and was released pending the drug charges, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Chandler man was arrested Saturday on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespassing and third-degree escape, according to a police report.The man tried to sneak into Robbie Fox’s Public House by climbing over the west patio’s 3-foot fence, police reported.

Bar security told Tempe Police the man had tried to enter the same way earlier that night and was kicked out, according to the report.

Police arrested the man and told him to sit on a curb, police reported.

While he was waiting, the man slipped his left hand out of the handcuffs and started to run away, police reported.

The man ran about 5 feet before he was caught, according to the report.

The man was arrested, transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×