Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 20-year-old transient man was arrested Wednesday at an apartment complex at the 600 block of West First Street on suspicion of criminal trespassing and marijuana possession, according to a police report.Tempe Police arrived at the complex just before 1:30 a.m. to find the man with a box of cookies containing a plastic bag of marijuana, police reported.

The man told police he needed a place to sleep for the night, according to the report.

The man said his homeless friend told him of a vacant apartment in a complex on First Street, police reported.

The man said the marijuana was his, according to the report.

He was arrested, transported to Tempe City Jail for booking, held to see a judge for trespassing and was released pending a drug charge, according to the report.

• A 28-year-old Gilbert woman was arrested Monday at the 2000 block of South McClintock Drive on suspicion of dangerous drug, narcotic drug and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.The woman was a passenger in the back seat of a car that was stopped by a Tempe Police officer for making an improper left turn, police reported.

When the officer approached the vehicle, the woman seemed nervous and couldn’t stop moving around, according to the report.

The officer asked the driver’s permission to search the vehicle but the driver said no, police reported.

When the women exited the vehicle, the officer saw two pipes on the floor of the back seat, according to the report.

A K-9 unit searched the vehicle, according to the report.

Police found a backpack, which contained two spoons that had dark residue on it, a baggie of heroin, a baggie of methamphetamine and a textbook that had a sheet of paper with the woman’s name on it, police reported.

After the woman was arrested and booked into Tempe City Jail, she told police she had smoked marijuana with the pipes and also smokes methamphetamine and heroin, according to the report.

The woman also said she borrowed the backpack from a friend and didn’t know about the drugs inside, police reported.

She was later released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo. Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

×