Police search for assault suspect after two incidents

ASU Police are searching for a man suspected of assaulting two women at the Vista Del Sol apartments Wednesday afternoon, according to a police report.

A 19-year-old woman was entering the building around 4:20 p.m. from the north entrance when she heard the man yell to her, asking her to hold the door open, police reported.

The woman moved out of the way for the man, who smacked her rear end and proceeded to taunt her with unusual noises, according to the report. He fled the area when she told him she would call police, police reported.

At 4:30 p.m., a 21-year-old woman was waiting for the building’s elevator and when the doors opened, the man was standing inside, according to the report.

She told police that during the elevator ride, the man stepped closer to her and asked her twice why she was scared, to which she replied that she wasn’t, police reported.

The woman kept moving away from the man but as he cornered her the man “smacked (her) butt super hard,” police reported.

The woman said to police the man appeared to be "high" because his eyes were slightly closed and he swayed back and forth, according to the report.

The two women described the man as white or Hispanic, about 6-feet-2-inches tall, in his early 20s, with an average build and a thin mustache, according to the report.

Neither of the women were seriously harmed or injured, but they were very scared and confused by the situation, police reported.

Police were unable to locate the man around the premises, but both women wish to aid in prosecution, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×