Police Beat: April 16

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• Two male ASU athletes were arrested late Wednesday night at the Mona Plummer Aquatic Center on suspicion of third-degree trespassing, according to a police report.

After the pool was closed, a security guard saw the two men swimming in the lap pool and diving pool, police reported.

ASU Police found the men, who were resting along the wall of the pool, and told the men to exit, according to the report.

The men told police they saw a few people leaving the pool wet when they arrived so they thought it was okay to jump over the wall and work out in the pool, police reported.

Police asked the men if they saw the “No Trespassing” sign upon entering, according to the report.

The men said they didn’t, but one man said, “I knew we weren’t supposed to be in here,” according to the report.

Police arrested the men, issued citations and escorted them out of the center, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons burglarized a vehicle Wednesday on the 1100 block of South Rural Road, according to a police report.

The 22-year-old man had parked his Ford Mustang on the top level of University Parking Structure 4 and left his iPod, headphones and laptop on the front passenger seat, police reported.

The man also told University Police he had left his window open several inches. He returned to his car early in the evening, according to the report.

A police officer lifted fresh finger and palm prints from the passenger window, police reported.

The estimated loss was $260 and the man said he didn’t have the serial numbers for the items, according to the report.

The man said he is willing to aid in prosecution if the person is caught, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×