Police Beat: April 17

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 21-year-old Glendale man was arrested Thursday at the 1500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.The man was being treated at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital by a male nurse when the man punched him in the face, police reported.

The nurse suffered a mild bruise on his cheek, according to the report.

Tempe Police arrested the man, transported and booked him into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Mesa man was arrested April 10 at the 1700 block of South Priest Drive on suspicion of dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession and outstanding warrants, according to a police report.The man was riding his bike along Priest Drive when Tempe Police stopped him for not having a bike light and riding on the wrong side of the road, police reported.

The man tried to flee from police by riding in and out of commercial buildings, but police stopped him after about a mile, according to the report.

The man said he was trying to avoid being caught for his warrants, police reported.

Police searched the man and found methamphetamine in a plastic bag, according to a police report.

The man was arrested, transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held for the warrants, police reported.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×