Tempe police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 30-year-old Glendale man was arrested on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard in the early morning of June 15 on suspicion of possessing narcotics and dangerous drugs, according to a police report.

Police stopped the man because he was riding his bicycle on the sidewalk despite the presence of a bike lane and his bicycle had no light or brakes, according to the report.

Police saw the leaving an area known for having many drug sales, according to the report. Police asked the man if he would consent to a search, police reported.

He consented and told the officers he had no illegal substances on his person, according to the report.

Police found a small baggie with a clear crystal substance they identified as methamphetamine, according to the report.

The man was then handcuffed and read his Miranda rights, police reported. After being handcuffed the man said he had something "some guy gave him" in his wallet, according to the report.

A search revealed a usable amount of cocaine folded inside of a $5 bill in his wallet, police reported.

The man was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was released pending charges.

A 21-year-old Glendale man was arrested Thursday morning on the 2400 block of East University Drive on suspicion of criminal trespassing and possession of marijuana, according to a police report.

The man fled from the back passenger seat of a vehicle stopped at Rio Salado Drive and Price Road, according to the report.

He jumped over the west fence of a trailer park, police reported.

He then laid down in a trailer's private yard next to a shed, according to the report.

Police arrested the man for trespassing, according to the report. They found a bag containing marijuana near him, police reported.

The man said he ran because he saw a police truck and thought he had an outstanding warrant, according to the report.

He was arrested and transported to the Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway.

Reach the reporter at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×