Letter: Islam: a not so peaceful religion

The attacks on American embassies have driven home how stupid, dishonest, and utterly outrageous the liberal view of Islam is.

Liberals keep telling us that Islam is the religion of peace. Over and over we hear this line, possibly caused by having never read the Quran, watched the news, listened to the sermons given by imams, or simply self-delusion.

But, suppose that they are right.

If Islam is a peaceful religion, then there should not be violence fueled by the religion and we should be free to criticize it without fear.

This is not the case.

Our secretary of state spends more time calling a YouTube video “disgusting and reprehensible” than she does calling the actual attacks evil.

The president says that “the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” and apologizes for America’s freedom of speech.

They drag citizens in for questioning because of a video that tells the truth about Mohammed.

They are terrified of Islam.

They beg us to not criticize this “religion of peace.”

But liberals need to realize we aren’t buying their speech of “Islam is a religion of peace and they would never do anything to harm anyone, but please don’t criticize them or speak out against them, because they might start killing us…even though they are peaceful and their religion advocates only peace.”

Stop lying.

A peaceful religion does not murder and riot in response to a video that mocks their religion or advocate a ban on criticism of their religion.

Your government doesn’t have to restrict criticism of a peaceful religion.

No, Islam is not a religion of peace and liberals are aware of this, or they are just plain stupid.

Liars or morons, neither option makes for good leaders.

Meredith Walker

ASU Undergraduate

Want to join the conversation? Send an email to opiniondesk.statepress@gmail.com. Keep letters under 300 words and be sure to include your university affiliation. Anonymity will not be granted.

Read our Editorial Board's letter here. Read a collection of responses to Meredith Walker's Sept. 26 letter here.

×