Two men arrested for drug possession, initiating a fight at a local bar

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 21-year-old Mesa man and his friend were arrested Tuesday on the 600 block of Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct and drug possession, according to a police report.

The man and his friend were denied access to Zuma Grill three times because one of the men was only wearing a black T-shirt and appeared to be intoxicated, according to the report.

A customer told bar employees the two men were bothering him, and a security guard told the men he was going to call the police, police reported.

One of the men approached the security officer in a threatening manner and started punching a woman who tried to intervene, according to the report.

A fight broke out and ended when police arrived at the scene, police reported.

The two men then walked to the back of the building and one of the men punched a passer-by for no apparent reason, according to the report.

Officers found a small bag of marijuana and a white pill wrapped in a foil bubble gum wrapper on one of the men during a strip search, police reported.

Both men were arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail where they were held on the disorderly conduct charges, according to the report.

A 31-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Tuesday at the 1300 block of Baseline Road on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and driving under the influence, according to a police report.

Officers pulled the woman over after she made an illegal right turn, according to the report.

Officers observed the woman’s pupils were dilated and her speech was rapid, but she said she hadn’t consumed alcohol, police reported.

A sobriety test determined that she was under the influence, according to the report.

Police located methamphetamine in the woman’s purse during a search of her car, police reported.

The woman later said the drugs were hers and she smoked them two times a week, according to the report.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Moriah Costa.

Reach the reporter at mncosta1@asu.edu

×