Woman arrested on suspicion of driving on suspended license, drug possession

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 41-year-old woman was arrested Friday on the 4100 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of driving with a suspended license and dangerous drugs possession, prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Officers stopped the woman for making an illegal right turn and noticed her vehicle’s registration was expired, police reported.

Police also found she had a suspended license, according to the report.

Officers found a small amount of methamphetamine in her front right pocket and a small vial with a white powdery residue and a clear tube with residue, police reported.

Police found two pills for which she could not provide a prescription in her purse, according to the report.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was held on the suspended license charge and released pending drug charges, police reported.

• A 28-year-old man was arrested Saturday at 5th Street and Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana possession and jaywalking, according to a police report.

The man was approached after crossing against a red light in a crosswalk, police reported.

Officers handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police vehicle, according to the report.

Police observed a distinct marijuana odor coming from the back seat and noticed approximately four baggies containing marijuana, police reported.

The man appeared to have tried to kick the baggies under the front passenger seat of the vehicle, according to the report.

The man denied the marijuana was his, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Moriah Costa.

Reach the reporter at mncosta1@asu.edu

×