Woman arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotic drugs

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 23-year-old Tucson woman was arrested Tuesday at University Drive and State Route 143 on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, drug paraphernalia and narcotic drugs for sale, and trafficking in stolen property, according to a police report.Officers stopped the woman’s car when they saw she was having trouble staying in one lane, police reported.They found 14 grams of heroin separated into two bags, a glass pipe with black and white residue consistent with a pipe used to smoke methamphetamine and a baggy containing a usable amount of methamphetamine in the car’s center console, according to the report.

The officers found clothing, purses and jewelry believed to be stolen in the vehicle’s trunk, police reported.

Officers also found that the two rings and watch the woman was wearing had been stolen, according to the report.

The woman told police she had smoked methamphetamine earlier in the evening, police reported.

She also said she was knowingly transporting the heroin and had purchased stolen goods from her boyfriend’s friend, according to the report.

The woman said she fell “under hard times” and was using methamphetamine to “numb the pain,” police reported.

She was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Tuesday on the 1800 block of East Baseline Road on suspicion of theft, according to a police report.A loss prevention agent at Target saw the woman concealing more than $1,000 in cosmetics in a black bag, which was also believed to be stolen, police reported.The agent recognized the woman from another shoplifting incident in Mesa, according to the report.

Tempe police records showed that she had been arrested and convicted three times for theft earlier this year and was currently on probation, police reported.

The woman told police she had stolen 10 other times in the past year, according to the report.

The woman said she stole the items to sell them for living expenses, police reported.

She was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Ana Ramirez

Reach the reporter at amrami13@asu.edu

×