Letter: Vote for Jeff Flake

Today’s political landscape is more like that of a used car dealership. Politicians are constantly trying to lure us in with pleasing rhetoric and enticing promises. But once elected, it becomes painfully obvious that we were fooled. It was the old bait and switch. Does honesty and integrity even exist anymore?

Well Arizona, Jeff Flake is the breath of fresh air that we have been waiting for. In a recent meeting between Flake and a couple of Arizonan big businessmen, Flake refused to bow down. He refused to surrender his principles to the pressure of the almighty dollar.  Flake has proven once again that he is a man of character. In a time where principles seem to change faster than the sticker prices at the used car dealership, Flake is the outlier. His guiding principles are unchanging and permanent. Here is a politician who actually sticks by his principles and beliefs no matter how important the audience or how great the pressure. Whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Independent or even a used car dealer, this is something to admire. You may disagree with his views, but you can’t disagree with his character.

Arizona, you wouldn’t want a lemon for a car and you don’t want a lemon for a Senator. Our nation and our state desperately need more leaders like Flake. On Election Day, when you are staring down at your ballot, cast your vote for honesty, cast your vote for integrity, cast your vote for Jeff Flake.

Dominic Papa

Alumnus

Want to join the conversation? Send an email to opiniondesk.statepress@gmail.com. Keep letters under 300 words and be sure to include your university affiliation. Anonymity will not be granted.

×