Man hit pillar while driving under the influence

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 25-year-old Mesa man was arrested Nov. 21 on the 100 block of West 5th Street on suspicion of driving under the influence and having a warrant, according to a police report.

Police arrived at the scene of an accident after the man’s Chevrolet Silverado hit the pillar of a parking garage, police reported.

The accident left a dent in the man’s car and scrape marks on the pillar, according to the report.

Officers noticed the man’s bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, police reported.

The man told police he would not consent to anything without his lawyer, according to the report.

Police found a prescription bottle of clonazepam in the center console of the man’s car, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 23-year-old Surprise man was arrested Saturday near Tempe Town Lake on suspicion of trespassing, according to a police report.

A transit security officer saw the man walking across the Mill Avenue Railroad Bridge while a train was passing, police reported.

The man was halfway across the bridge when police stopped him, according to the report.

The man told police he was on the bridge because he was trying to walk to his home in Surprise, police reported.

Police arrested the man on suspicion of criminal trespassing and brought him to Tempe City Jail where he was cited and released, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×