Woman’s black Coach wallet stolen in class

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• Police are investigating the theft of a black Coach wallet Tuesday on the 500 block of East Veterans Way, according to a police report.A 19-year-old Tempe woman told police she took her wallet to class in the San Pablo building, police reported.

The woman told police she noticed her wallet was missing when she looked for it after class, according to the report.

She said the wallet didn’t fall out of her bag, but she didn’t see anyone go through her bag either, police reported.

The wallet contained the woman’s driver’s license, ASU Sun Card, debit card and Social Security card according to the report.

Total loss from the theft is approximately $125, police reported.

• A 60-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on the 300 block of East University Drive on suspicion of criminal trespassing, according to a police report.Police aides saw the man panhandling at the northwest corner of the Fulton Center, police reported.

The man gathered his belongings and started to walk away when he saw police approaching, according to the report.

The officer recognized the man from when he cited him for trespassing the previous week, police report.

The man told police he was not panhandling, but he had a cardboard sign asking for money, according to the report.

ASU Police had previously issued the man two trespassing warrants at the same location, police reported.

The man was cited and released, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×