Food trucks feed new Four Peaks Brewery patrons

The third Four Peaks location opened in west Tempe and will serve all of the brewery's signature beers, but will pair them with food truck fare rather than the bar snacks listed on its full menu. (Photo by Vince Dwyer)

The first kitchen-free Four Peaks Brewery has been serving patrons food truck fare alongside its signature beers since opening in mid-November.

The 53,000-square-foot production facility and taproom at 2401 S. Wilson Street partnered with the Phoenix Street Food Coalition to create a monthly schedule rotating 10 different food trucks with varied menus.

Matt McCormack, general manager of the new location, said they looked all over the Valley to find the perfect area for the taproom.

“We wanted a unique spot, and this place worked out the best,” McCormack said. “We like the fact that we are off the beaten path.”

The taproom will primarily brew Kilt Lifter, its signature brew, but all popular Four Peaks beers will be available on tap. The brewery has brought specialty kegs from the Eighth Street location over, including Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter, a seasonal beer.

McCormack said some local food trucks like Short Leash Hot Dogs have been using Kilt Lifter in their food recipes.

Brad and Kat Moore, who own Short Leash Hot Dogs and founded the Phoenix Street Food Coalition, were approached by Four Peaks to coordinate the food truck schedule.

“We have partnered with Four Peaks quite a bit,” Moore said. “They entrusted us to pick who we wanted on the schedule.”

Moore said she selected food truck vendors that she had worked with in the past and have a reputation for quality food.

“It’s unique that Four Peaks can rotate food trucks,” Moore said. “It’s a win-win, and we enjoy partnering with others.”

Moore said that food truck business at the new Four Peaks location has been positive.

“We had a great first day,” Moore said. “All of the food truck owners are pleased.”

ASU alumnus Giancarlo Alarcon graduated from culinary school and partnered with his dad to start Ají Mobile Foods, which serves Latin American cuisine.

“Our flavor profile came from my upbringing in Los Angeles,” Alarcon said. “You don’t see much of that out here.”

Alarcon said he enjoys the mobility of the food truck business.

“I can go wherever I want,” Alarcon said. “Even though I am stuck in the kitchen, I enjoy meeting people.”

The new Four Peaks Brewery will be open from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily, with plans for extended hours and expansion in the future.

Reach the reporter at amy.edelen@asu.edu

×