Police continue search for missing ASU student

ASU Police is still searching for leads in the disappearance of 19-year-old Jack Culolias, an exploratory freshman.

Culolias, from Orange County, Calif., was last seen at Tempe Marketplace’s Wild West-themed Cadillac Ranch restaurant Friday between 11 and 11:30 p.m., ASU spokeswoman Julie Newberg said in an email.

Newberg said Culolias was at the establishment because his fraternity, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, was hosting a social event there. Culolias was seen leaving the restaurant and heading toward nearby taxis.

Police said Culolias had been drinking alcohol and left his cell phone and credit card at the restaurant. ASU Assistant Chief of Police Jim Hardina said Culolias used a fake identification card.

Hardina said in an email that Culolias was kicked out of the establishment.

Culolias is 6 feet tall, 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. On Friday night, he was wearing a black shirt with the text, “You’ll shoot your eye out,” on the front and a long-sleeved white shirt underneath.

Police said there is no video surveillance available from the Cadillac Ranch restaurant.

Newberg wrote in an email that the investigation has become the ASU Police Department’s top priority.

The ASU Police Department received a missing persons report Sunday, and missing persons fliers are posted around campus encouraging students to call Tempe Police at (480) 350-8311 at or ASU Police at (480) 965-3456 if they have any information.

An online crowd funding effort  was created to support Culolias’s family while they stay in Tempe during the search and they have raised nearly $500 by 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Friends and family are also sharing information on the “Bring Jack Home” Facebook group, which has more than 5,000 members.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×